EL ALFABETO EN INGLÉS: GRUPOS 4 Y 5
Con esta lección terminamos de practicar el alfabeto en inglés. Hoy aprenderás los grupos 4 y 5 de las letras.
Haz clic en la imagen para ver el video:
ESTUDIA EL CURSO COMPLETO:
RESOURCES FOR ENGLISH TEACHERS:
PRACTICING THE ALPHABET – GROUPS 5 AND 6:
- Introduce and practice the letters as I did in the video.
- Print, cut, and laminate these cards. Each small card should be cut individually.
- Students will be working in groups, so you’ll need a set of cards for each group.
- Give each group a set of cards and ask: “Where’s letter Y? / Where’s letter Q? / Where’s letter U? / Where’s letter I?”
- Students identify the letter and show you the card.
- Once everyone understands how to play, they can work in their groups independently by taking turns asking each other the same questions: “Where’s letter ___?”
- Before students arrive, hide the small flashcards in different places in the classroom: under chairs, behind the desks, or simply tape them in different areas of the walls.
- Divide students into small groups.
- A representative of each group stands up.
- Say: “Find letter Q!”
- Students look all over the room until they find a word that starts with that letter.
- The first student to find a word earns a point for their team.
- Once a student finds a word, you can explain the meaning and ask everybody to say the letter and the word after you.
- Repeat the same procedure several times.
- Change representatives after each round.
- Write on the board the letters of the alphabet.
- Divide students into teams.
- A representative from each team stands right in front of the board, facing their classmates.
- Give each representative a fly swatter.
- Say a letter, for example: “G.”
- The first student to turn around and hit the correct letter with the swatter gets a point for his team.
- Keep the score on the board.
- Continue like that until most students have had a chance to participate or until you run out of letters.